Re: Fw: mapping java objects with postgresql types

From: Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreas(at)visena(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fw: mapping java objects with postgresql types
Date: 2015-01-22 16:13:35
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

På torsdag 22. januar 2015 kl. 17:00:25, skrev Oussema Benjemaa <
ousema2003(at)yahoo(dot)fr <mailto:ousema2003(at)yahoo(dot)fr>>:    Hi,   I want to pass
array of complex type from java into plpgsql function   I already tried using
JDBC Array and Struct types,   but postgresql jdbc driver doesn't implement
Struct yet so we weren't able to get thinks work   (in addition of the fact
that. (Connection.createStruct is not implemented in postgres JDBC)   and
actually as solution , i'm using PGObject to push the data to the database with
some diffuclts with the syntax and this is  mainly for types composites having
bytea datatype ..   but finally i  succeded to push data to the database with
the usage of the  text representation of the array of the type composite .
But i'm strongly ,  looking for an alternative of the PGObject , to avoid
passing complex structures (array of types) from jdbc with text representation.
    ALso i didn't found documentation for passing such as complex structures
including the the rules for text representation of nested types .   Could you
please advice ...   Oussema BenJemaa Senior DBA   Try
https://github.com/impossibl/pgjdbc-ng   -- Andreas Joseph Krogh CTO / Partner
- Visena AS Mobile: +47 909 56 963 andreas(at)visena(dot)com
<mailto:andreas(at)visena(dot)com> www.visena.com <https://www.visena.com>
<https://www.visena.com>