Sv: Like Command returning wrong result set

From: Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreas(at)visena(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Sv: Like Command returning wrong result set
Date: 2021-08-05 14:04:24
Lists: pgsql-sql

På torsdag 05. august 2021 kl. 16:00:38, skrev Tchouante, Merlin <
mtchouan(at)umaryland(dot)edu <mailto:mtchouan(at)umaryland(dot)edu>>:

Hello group,

I’m writing a script and a bit confused on the results with the like command.

gm.title like 'CP_%'

The above command gives me records with titles like CP_40, CP_2, CP_23, etc.

gm.title like '%_CT'

The above command give me records with tiles like Quiz: RadiInterpretation w/
CBCT.

I was expecting it to return titles that contained *_CT, i.e. FX_CT or DR_CT.
It’s as if it’s ignoring the underscore the way it would do if you were using
‘%CT’. Does it ignore the underscore when it’s right after the ‘%’?

* Percent sign ( %) matches any sequence of zero or more characters.
* Underscore sign ( _) matches any single character.

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh