RE: question about docs on copy command

From: David Raymond <David(dot)Raymond(at)tomtom(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: question about docs on copy command
Date: 2019-09-06 13:15:22
Lists: pgsql-novice

It also appears to be disliking the comma for including more than one option. So something's definitely up with that. But I can't tell you if it's a bug with the program or with the documentation, so hopefully someone else can chime in on that.

(On 11.5 by the way)
mnr=> copy (select 1, 'With space', null) to stdout with null 'NuLL';
1 With space NuLL
mnr=> copy (select 1, 'With space', null) to stdout with delimiter '|';
1|With space|\N
mnr=> copy (select 1, 'With space', null) to stdout with delimiter '|', null 'NuLL';
ERROR: syntax error at or near ","
LINE 1: ..., 'With space', null) to stdout with delimiter '|', null 'Nu...
^