getAutocommit assertion error

From: adrien ruffie <adriennolarsen(at)hotmail(dot)fr>
To: "pgsql-jdbc(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-jdbc(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: getAutocommit assertion error
Date: 2018-11-12 13:10:50
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hello all,

in my java test case launched by maven I get the following exception:

java.lang.AssertionError: pgStatement.getConnection().getAutoCommit() should not throw

But I don't know why this error is returned ...

In my class, I set auto commit to 'false' value, and I commit at the ending like this:

try {
preparedStatement.close();
connection.commit();
} catch (SQLException e) {
log.error("Error while closing connection.", e.toString());
}

I check where the error comme from and I just found the following code, in BatchResultHandler:

private boolean isAutoCommit() {
try {
return pgStatement.getConnection().getAutoCommit();
} catch (SQLException e) {
assert false : "pgStatement.getConnection().getAutoCommit() should not throw";
return false;
}
}

I don't really understand the problem ...

anyone can help me please ?

Best regards,

Adrien