RE: Potential data loss due to race condition during logical replication slot creation

From: "Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu)" <kuroda(dot)hayato(at)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: 'Amit Kapila' <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Callahan, Drew" <callaan(at)amazon(dot)com>, "pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: Potential data loss due to race condition during logical replication slot creation
Date: 2024-03-19 04:39:30
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Dear Amit,

> Won't it be possible to achieve the same thing if we just save
> (serialize) the highest xid among all running xacts?

Indeed, here is an updated version.
Since the array in xl_running_xact is not ordered, entries of it must be seeked
and found the highest one.

Best Regards,
Hayato Kuroda
FUJITSU LIMITED
https://www.fujitsu.com/

Attachment Content-Type Size
v2-0001-Serialize-running-xacts.patch application/octet-stream 11.6 KB