RE: incorrect wal removal due to max_slot_wal_keep_size

From: "Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu)" <kuroda(dot)hayato(at)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: 'Jeff Janes' <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: incorrect wal removal due to max_slot_wal_keep_size
Date: 2024-10-10 12:02:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Dear Jeff,

Thanks for reporting the issue. I've tried to reproduce the issue (by adding delay
on worker-side and immediate shut-down), but not done yet. If possible, could you
please share a script to reproduce? It is helpful to analyze.

> I'm going to try to reproduce this on 17.0, but in the meantime any other suggestions for investigating this?x

It is very helpful to check the content of pg_stat_replication_slots view and pg_wal
directory of the postgres, when you succeed to reproduce. Also, please set
log_min_messages = DEBUG2 to check logs from RemoveOldXlogFiles() and RemoveXlogFile().
I want to see the log when you can reproduce.

They are inspired by [1]. I doubt the thread and yours are the same issue or not.

[1]: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/Yz2hivgyjS1RfMKs%40depesz.com

Best regards,
Hayato Kuroda
FUJITSU LIMITED