Beginner Question:Why it always make sure that the postgres better than common csv file storage in disaster recovery?

From: Wen Yi <chuxuec(at)outlook(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Beginner Question:Why it always make sure that the postgres better than common csv file storage in disaster recovery?
Date: 2022-07-04 03:06:02
Lists: pgsql-general

I am a student who are interesting in database kernel.When I am
reviewing my database course,a question make me confused.

In file system,if a error happen when I insert some data into data
saving system,the whole data exists will be broken and can't recovery
anymore.

But when I check the code in postgres,I found the postgres also use the
write function(That! is a UNIX file system api)

My question is:

Since it's all built on top of the file system,why it always make sure
that the postgres better than common csv file storage in disaster
recovery?

Thanks in advance!