Special characters in SQL queries

From: Vernon Wu <vernonw(at)gatewaytech(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Special characters in SQL queries
Date: 2003-03-09 19:53:44
Lists: pgsql-sql

First a single quote in text, when a backforward slash in a file path, what other special characters need padded in two
backslashes before using the data in a SQL statement?

After hours' search in the PostgreSQL archive, I find a releted information on the http://www.ca.postgresql.org/users-
lounge/docs/7.2/postgres/arrays.html. It's about array data though.

How can I find out those characters so that I can pre-process them before a SQL query?

Thanks for your information.

Vernon