Re: Upgrading postgresql from version 7.4.3

From: Arun P(dot)L <arunpl(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Upgrading postgresql from version 7.4.3
Date: 2013-05-10 04:12:14
Lists: pgsql-general

Since there was some issue with hotmail I couldn't reply earlier.

Encoding in version 7.4 was SQL_ASCII. What's the best way to deal with this?

I hope changing the encoding to UTF-8 while taking dump will work.

Surely I will have an eye on release notes in order to deal with the typecasting issues and I am on it now.

Thank you very much for your suggestions...