Adding ENUM Type

From: Simon Bateman <batemans_25(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: POSTGRES SQL User GROUP <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Adding ENUM Type
Date: 2009-09-04 05:36:10
Lists: pgsql-sql

I have:
CREATE TYPE status AS ('NEW','ACTIVE','DESPATCH','COMPLETE');

and included field in my modified version of dellstore2.sql data

CREATE TABLE pg_orders
(
orderid serial NOT NULL,
customerid integer NOT NULL,
orderdate date NOT NULL,
orderstatus status,
CONSTRAINT pg_orders_pkey PRIMARY KEY (orderid)
)
WITH (OIDS=FALSE)
TABLESPACE datadisk;

Now I have populated table, I have decided I really need a 'CANCEL' status and append it to emum.list!

Without creating status2 and swapping table fields/data I cannot find an ALTER TYPE - APPEND TO ENUM command -- would response be different if I wanted to reorder values?

Regards
Simon Bateman

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/167688463/direct/01/