Re: Concurrenctly running CREATE TEMP TABLE IF NOT EXISTS [...] AS [...]

From: Ravi Krishna <srkrishna(at)outlook(dot)com>
To: Thorsten Schöning <tschoening(at)am-soft(dot)de>, "pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Concurrenctly running CREATE TEMP TABLE IF NOT EXISTS [...] AS [...]
Date: 2020-06-08 10:33:52
Lists: pgsql-general

> That's what I understood as well, but I'm creating those concurrently
> WITHIN one and the same session and transaction. :-)

Did I interpret this as "two different sessions via application threads within the same transactions of PG".
Does the thread create its own PG session for each thread or share it across threads.

I would be wary of running concurrent threads within the same transactions. RDBMSs are not designed
to allow multiple SQLstatements running concurrently within the same session, if at all possible.