Postgres 11.6 RHEL 8 UUID-OSSP not getting installed , while installing contrib.

From: Thiagarajan Ramanathan <Thiagarajan_R02(at)edgeverve(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Postgres 11.6 RHEL 8 UUID-OSSP not getting installed , while installing contrib.
Date: 2021-03-11 07:43:09
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Dear Community,

We tried doing manual installation of postgress11 contrib ( 11.6) since we needed the extension UUID_OSSP for our program . Postgres server 11.6 was already installed and we installed only the Contrib and its dependent libraries.

We have seen that the extension got installed and have 193 files , but uuid_ossp related extensions are not seen.

Regards
Thiagarajan