pgAgent Jobs on replica

From: Greg Bryant <gregabryant(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: "pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pgAgent Jobs on replica
Date: 2021-04-23 21:48:40
Lists: pgadmin-support

I have several pgAgent jobs that run on the ‘master’ database. They fail on the replica since it’s a ‘read-only’ connection. I’m creating a couple jobs to run some bash scripts but I don’t want them to run on the replica server.

Is there a way to prevent pgAgent jobs from executing on the replica server? Wrap all the jobs in an ‘if’ statement to check if the server is in_recovery? Disable the daemon on the replica server?

I’m currently running PostgreSQL 11 with pgAgent 4.

Thanks,
Greg