Partitioning with FDW and table size limits

From: "Godfrin, Philippe E" <Philippe(dot)Godfrin(at)nov(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Partitioning with FDW and table size limits
Date: 2020-12-06 23:27:57
Lists: pgsql-general

Greetings,
In the case where you have a 'local' server, from which you are working with foreign tables. And the foreign tables are partitioned. As each of the partitioned tables is a table in its own right, is it correct to assume the table (relation) size limit of 32 TB applies? For example, provided I had the disk space, with 10 partitioned tables, I could have 320TB of data on 1 or more remote servers.
Am I correct?
Thanks,
phil

Phil Godfrin | Database Administrator
NOV
NOV US | Engineering Data
9720 Beechnut St | Houston, Texas 77036
M 281.825.2311
E Philippe(dot)Godfrin(at)nov(dot)com<mailto:Philippe(dot)Godfrin(at)nov(dot)com>