Re: bytea & perl

From: <tom(at)tacocat(dot)net>
To: SCassidy(at)overlandstorage(dot)com
Cc: "General PostgreSQL List" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: bytea & perl
Date: 2007-05-24 19:28:49
Lists: pgsql-general

On 5/24/2007, "SCassidy(at)overlandstorage(dot)com"
<SCassidy(at)overlandstorage(dot)com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>First, I would advise never using " insert into xx values (y,x)" without
>explicitly naming the columns; same for select statements - never use
>select * (a table change can mess things up).
>
>By the way, I just noticed in the release notes for the very latest couple
>of versions of DBD:Pg that some placeholder changes were made. You might
>want to check the release notes and your version of DBD:Pg about your
>placeholder issues.

I have the latest from CPAN and Postgresql.
So I should be able to build out the SQL string without using bind_params
by using:
$list.=(join ', ',(map {$dbh->quote($_)} @list));

I am not sure about the E (escape) function, but I don' t think I should
be using the perl quotemeta anymore.