Re: [GENERAL] table protections?

From: Oleg Broytmann <phd(at)sun(dot)med(dot)ru>
To: "Gilley, Charles H(dot)" <Charles(dot)Gilley(at)glenayre(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] table protections?
Date: 1998-11-26 09:45:54
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello!

On Wed, 25 Nov 1998, Gilley, Charles H. wrote:
> Okay, trying to turn on web access to my table. Pending some changes
> to the pg_hba.conf file, I have the following on my tables:
>
> +------------------+----------------------------------------------------+
> | Relation | Grant/Revoke Permissions |
> +------------------+----------------------------------------------------+
> | tblauthors | {"=","www=r"} |
> ~ ~ ~
> | tbltopics | {"=","www=r"} |
> +------------------+----------------------------------------------------+
>
> Note the first "=" in the permissions. What does this mean - that
> public has no access? Also, how is the owner dealt with in the
> permissions?

Yes , it means no public access.
Owner? Very imple - you have no access too!

When you create a table, you have full access to it. But once you run
GRANT -what- ON table TO www
you loose all you rights. You should include yourself into GRANT:
GRANT -what- ON table TO myself.

Oleg.
----
Oleg Broytmann National Research Surgery Centre http://sun.med.ru/~phd/