Characters To be Escaped in Perl

From: Robert Mosher <mosher(at)andrews(dot)edu>
Subject: Characters To be Escaped in Perl
Date: 2003-02-11 00:09:36
Lists: pgsql-novice

I recently tried to add an element to my Postgresql database using a perl
script, only to discover that a period was causing problems. I looked
through the documentation for a complete list of characters that need to
be escaped before they are added to the database, but was unable to find
such a list. What characters need to be escaped, and is there an existing
Perl function (in Pg.pm or otherwise) that handles this?

Thanks,
Rob Mosher