Bit strings

From: Yasir Malik <ymalik(at)cs(dot)stevens-tech(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bit strings
Date: 2003-11-11 17:33:20
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hello,
For a data warehousing project I will have to implement bitmaps. I would
perfer to stay away from C, Java, etc., and would like to use PostgreSQL
instead. I have a question about bit string type: does the time it takes
to do the & or | of two bit strings run in constant time (as it does in
C)?
Thanks,
Yasir