How to upgrade the pgsql archiver?

From: "Xueying (Libby) SHEN" <xshen(at)cs(dot)umass(dot)edu>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: How to upgrade the pgsql archiver?
Date: 2002-07-11 19:37:24
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi, I installed PostgreSQL 7.2.1 on my Linux machine and I am exploring
the features. When I use pg_dump to backup my database, I get
the error message below:
Database version: PostgreSQL 7.2.1 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC
2.96
Archiver(db) version: 7.1.3
Aborting because of version mismatch.
Use --ignore-version if you think it's safe to proceed anyway.

This is my first time to install the system and I don't have any 7.1.3
on my system. Does anyone know whether this is safe to just ignore the
message and proceed, or I should upgrade my archiver? If I need an
upgrade, when I can find the package and what is the procedure? Thanks a
lot!

--
Libby