INSERT query !!

From: Atika <agoswa(at)essex(dot)ac(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: INSERT query !!
Date: 1999-02-17 21:02:26
Lists: pgsql-sql

HI!!
I am hoping someone can help me with a problem I have.

I am trying to insert values in my pgsql database through a Java
application.
The problem is that I need to insert a String into a table. But, as I am
not going to know the value of this String before hand I can't really put
a value within two single qoutes.
I am basically trying to do something like this:

String input = "This is a String";

myConn.updateQuery("insert into myDB values(input)");

but get an error when I run it saying:
ERROR: attribute input not found
java.sql.SQLException: ERROR: attribute input not found

I am also going to have to insert intger and other such vlaues but am not
going to know their values in the insert statement.

many thanks for your time and help.