Status of 6.3.2 snapshot on alpha/Digital Unix

From: "Pedro J(dot) Lobo" <pjlobo(at)euitt(dot)upm(dot)es>
Subject: Status of 6.3.2 snapshot on alpha/Digital Unix
Date: 1998-04-16 14:58:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi, all.

I've just compiled the latest 6.3.2 snapshot on Digital Unix 3.2g using
DEC's C compiler. The regression tests look good, so go ahead with the
release (at least for this platform).

However, there are two minor "errors". One of them is already known:
configure fails when --with-compiler is specified. Included is a patch to
the configure script. I know that this is not the right file to patch,
since it is generated from configure.in, but we can use it as a workaround
since the error lies in autoconf. The patch should be re-applied every
time autoconf is run.

The second "error" is a new one. The configure script no longer asks for
additional include and lib directories, so, for example, it doesn't find
my readline libs, installed under /usr/local/include and /usr/local/lib.
Since these are two common directories to have additional software
installed into, I have added them to src/templates/alpha. Attached is a
patch to make this change. It won't hurt even if the directories don't
exist.

Pedro José Lobo Perea Tel: +34 1 336 78 19
Centro de Cálculo Fax: +34 1 331 92 29
EUIT Telecomunicación - UPM e-mail: pjlobo(at)euitt(dot)upm(dot)es

Attachment Content-Type Size
parche.template.alpha text/plain 427 bytes
parche.configure text/plain 759 bytes