Re: [HACKERS] PostGreSQL v6.2.1 for Linux Alpha (repost)

From: "Pedro J(dot) Lobo" <pjlobo(at)euitt(dot)upm(dot)es>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] PostGreSQL v6.2.1 for Linux Alpha (repost)
Date: 1998-02-13 09:43:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I'm reposting this, since the first reply didn't make it to the list.

On Thu, 12 Feb 1998, Bruce Momjian wrote:

>> I created a small program to return the size of values. They are:
>>
>> Size of short: 2
>> Size of char: 1
>> Size of int: 4
>> Size of long: 8
>>
>> Does this help?
>
>Yep. Does anyone else run OS's with the size of long greater than int?
>Does Dec Unix Alpha? Are people running that?

Yes, I'm running PostgreSQL since the 6.0 days, now 6.2.1p6, on a DEC
Alpha with Digital Unix 3.2c, and it has always worked like a charm. I use
the DEC C compiler, if it makes any difference. The type sizes are exactly
those above.

Pedro.

Pedro José Lobo Perea Tel: +34 1 336 78 19
Centro de Cálculo Fax: +34 1 331 92 29
EUIT Telecomunicación - UPM e-mail: pjlobo(at)euitt(dot)upm(dot)es