Re: Where can I get Users and Roles information in PostgreSQL

From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl(at)sdf(dot)lonestar(dot)org>
To: sreedhar <sreedhar(at)lucidindia(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Where can I get Users and Roles information in PostgreSQL
Date: 2002-02-04 13:33:27
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Mon, 4 Feb 2002, sreedhar wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am new bee to PostgreSQL. Where can I get Users and Roles information in
> PostgreSQL.
>
> eg : In SQL-SERVER we can get users information using 'sysusers' table.
>
> advance thanks for helping,

I'm new too, so this may not be the best answer, but it's useful anyway.

If you are a superuser (ie: you can create other users), try this:

select * from pg_shadow;

Warning: Passwords will be shown in plain text. If you don't want anyone
to see, make sure nobody is standing behind you!

Andy

--
acruhl(at)sdf(dot)lonestar(dot)org