Best problem report *I've* ever seen ... NAWT!!

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: troy(dot)saulnier(at)acadiau(dot)ca
Subject: Best problem report *I've* ever seen ... NAWT!!
Date: 1998-02-04 16:45:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

In article <6ba4bb$dt2$1(at)highway(dot)leidenuniv(dot)nl>,
Frans van Dorsselaer <dorssel(at)MolPhys(dot)LeidenUniv(dot)nl> wrote:
>Hello,
>

>I've always hesitated to send in bug reports, but after examining this
> group for a while I think I'm now ready.

> I'm running a developer release Linux 2.1.99, compiled with a developer
> release gcc 2.8.13, which was compiled using itself. Both contain >
numerous >source bugs, as well as binary bugs due to the source bugs of >
the latter. I >use an alpha release Wine compiled with the very same >
developer release >compiler to run Windows binaries, each of which are per
definition a >collection of bugs. Of course I run everything as root.

>Now I found a bug. Can somebody fix this ?

I love this...have to add this to the PostgreSQL FAQ on how not to
post for help :) Best example I've seen yet...