Re: PGconn gets frozen ocassionally after select() timeout

From: Marek Peca <marek(at)duch(dot)cz>
To: Postgres General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PGconn gets frozen ocassionally after select() timeout
Date: 2009-11-13 15:07:09
Lists: pgsql-general

Dear Vick,

> I have very similar code written in Perl, and I never observe failures
> like you see after a timeout on the select call. This code has been
> in production on farily busy systems for several years now.

can you tell me, which libpq and server versions you are running on?
I have constant problems with libpq 8.3.7, connecting remotely to server
of the same version.

Are you connecting remotely, or through failure-safe interfaces like
localhost? I can imagine, that this kind of error can hide if the
connection link is good.

Maybe I should try the Perl way, if it will have the same problem in my
configuration... oh no, is there anybody familiar with this kind of error?

Many thanks,
Marek.