Re: changing the /tmp/ lock file?

From: Ben <bench(at)silentmedia(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: changing the /tmp/ lock file?
Date: 2007-06-13 18:36:36
Lists: pgsql-general

Why would that be a problem if each is configured to listen on different
addresses?

But maybe a better question to ask would be how people are doing failover
in the case where you have two servers, each handling a seperate set of
data and acting as backup for each other. I fully expect things to go
slower during failover periods, but in my case, that's better than
doubling my hardware.