Re: Power cut and performance problem

From: Jeff Frost <jeff(at)frostconsultingllc(dot)com>
To: Daniel Caune <daniel(dot)caune(at)ubisoft(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Power cut and performance problem
Date: 2006-03-20 23:52:43
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006, Daniel Caune wrote:

>> I see you're running autovacuum. What's your disk subsytem look like?
> By
>> chance is it sitting on a RAID 5 that's running in degraded mode right
> now
>> while it scrubs?
>>

> Yes, that should be the problem. I will check that tomorrow morning
> with a Linux administrator. Thanks.

BTW, I didn't complete my first thought above, which was to ask when you last
vacuumed the DB, but then I saw that you were running autovac, so that wasn't
likely the problem.

BTW, if the problem is actually a raid array that is rebuilding, it should be
(hopefullY) fixed by tomorrow morning.

--
Jeff Frost, Owner <jeff(at)frostconsultingllc(dot)com>
Frost Consulting, LLC http://www.frostconsultingllc.com/