Status of Opteron vs Xeon

From: Jeff Frost <jeff(at)frostconsultingllc(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Status of Opteron vs Xeon
Date: 2005-10-06 23:55:27
Lists: pgsql-performance

What's the current status of how much faster the Opteron is compared to the
Xeons? I know the Opterons used to be close to 2x faster, but is that still
the case? I understand much work has been done to reduce the contect
switching storms on the Xeon architecture, is this correct?

--
Jeff Frost, Owner <jeff(at)frostconsultingllc(dot)com>
Frost Consulting, LLC http://www.frostconsultingllc.com/