Re: query for records based on date

From: "Brandon Metcalf" <bmetcalf(at)nortel(dot)com>
To: Martín Marqués <martin(at)bugs(dot)unl(dot)edu(dot)ar>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: query for records based on date
Date: 2005-02-21 20:48:00
Lists: pgsql-sql

m == martin(at)bugs(dot)unl(dot)edu(dot)ar writes:

m> El Lun 21 Feb 2005 17:00, Brandon Metcalf escribi:
m> > If I have a table with an attribute of type "timestamp without time
m> > zone", what is the best way to query that table for records that are
m> > older than, say, one week.
m> >
m> > I suppose I could get the current time in epoch seconds and the time of
m> > the attribute in the same, and select those records where the difference
m> > is greater than the number of seconds in a week. Is there something
m> > easier like
m> >
m> > SELECT * FROM table WHERE attribute IS OLDER THAN one week;

m> SELECT * FROM table WHERE attribute < (now()::DATE - 7)::TIMESTAMP;

Thanks.

--
Brandon