Re: Lexing with different charsets

From: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
To: Dennis Bjorklund <db(at)zigo(dot)dhs(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Lexing with different charsets
Date: 2004-04-14 07:33:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> My next question is about lexing. The spec says that one can use strings
> of different charsets in the queries, like:
>
> ... WHERE field1 = _latin1'FooBar' and field2 = _utf8'Åäö'
>
> different charsets or this is not going to work very well.

Sorry for this maybe stupid question about an must-be-obvious hidden
rationnal behind this feature:

What "editor" or terminal is supposed to be able to generate text in
different encodings depending on the part of the sentence? I don't think I
have that in emacs. Or is it irrelevant??

I cannot see where I could use such a feature.

--
Fabien Coelho - coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr