Re: make == as = ?

From: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Postgresql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: make == as = ?
Date: 2004-04-07 15:34:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> There is a special display in my imaginary hall of fame of bad design
> decisions for the use of = and == in C and its blind adoption by C++,
> Java, Perl, etc, along with the associated use of "expr ;" as a statement.
>
> That's my view ;-)

Well, I agree with yout view about the C language design.

But now is too late;-)

My point is more practical: my students know one syntax, I don't have a
lot of hours for the course, most of them won't be software developers but
rather software users, so if I can do more interesting things it is not
bad.

--
Fabien Coelho - coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr