Re: Microsoft access verses postgresql

From: "David F(dot) Skoll" <dfs(at)roaringpenguin(dot)com>
To: Juan Miguel <juanmime(at)ono(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Microsoft access verses postgresql
Date: 2003-11-05 22:05:07
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003, Juan Miguel wrote:

> Therefore, do you know a better Open Source DBMS than Access, that is
> easy to install and integrate with your applications ?

What is your target environment?

We sell a commercial program (http://www.canit.ca) that uses PostgreSQL
internally. For our Red Hat 8 and 9 Linux targets, installation is
extremely simple; it goes something like this:

./install
./init-database

I would imagine that you could fairly easily write comparable wrapper
installation programs for PostgreSQL on other platforms.

Regards,

David.