Re: perm question

From: ivan <iv(at)psycho(dot)pl>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: perm question
Date: 2003-07-16 21:06:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > and how disallow : LISTEN , SET , RESET , and SHOW ?
>
> Explain why we should?

When you want to LISTEN sth pg insert rec into pg_listens (?) or somewhere
there, so why someone could rubish my db ?

In my project i need close everything even most of pg_catalog.
User shoudl exec only special func. and not more. He know which they are.

will be very wlee (i think ) to div pg_catalog to more part, like types
(with in/out/cast function) , pg tables , and rest of funcs ...

(and why pg use "namespace" and "schema" ?? why we need this 2 words ?)

btw . i have one more question :
i have a lot of namepsace , and i dont use all of them i one time,
so when i need one i just SET search_path TO need_namespace;
When i use it in plpgsql its working without problesm , for ei :
create table other_nsp.table (i int);
create functino _ble() returns boolean as '
begin
set search_path other_nsp;
delete from table;
end ; ......
its working good
but when i want to use SQL lang there is a error , that my table isnt
exists.
ie :
create .. as '
set search_path other_nsp;
delete from table ; -- and there is error , but why i one line above
-- replaced search_path ??

i tryed it witj transaction block , but it was this same result

thx :>
bye , ivan