Re: 7.3.2, pam, on Linux 2.4.18-18.7.x i686

From: ahoward <ahoward(at)fsl(dot)noaa(dot)gov>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 7.3.2, pam, on Linux 2.4.18-18.7.x i686
Date: 2003-05-16 20:08:35
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, 16 May 2003, ahoward wrote:

well - scoured the new groups and no fixes seem to exist.

this works though:

chmod 444 /etc/shadow

;-)

i know that's no a 'good thing'. but how else is a daemon running as user
postgres supposed to use a lib which must eventually open /etc/shadow (i some
configurations). does this sound like a bug in pam?

-a

--