Re: REINDEX DATABASE

From: Achilleus Mantzios <achill(at)matrix(dot)gatewaynet(dot)com>
To: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: REINDEX DATABASE
Date: 2005-08-30 11:53:37
Lists: pgsql-sql

O Achilleus Mantzios έγραψε στις Jul 28, 2005 :

> O Chris Browne έγραψε στις Jul 27, 2005 :
>

> I'll try to postpone the next reindexdb at the end of august,
> and get some numbers then.
> However the big difference in performance as i told was near the 2GB
> "threshold", and at *that* point (and maybe for different reasons)
> performance gain was remarkable.

Well, today i run reindexdb and i noticed a decrease in database size,
from 2890148K to 2527552K, about
12.54% decrease in size.
However i have not an estimation of the distribution
of the SQL commands (INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE) over August.
I am running 7.4.6.

--
-Achilleus