Re: no space left on device

From: Dennis Björklund <db(at)zigo(dot)dhs(dot)org>
To: "Aurangzeb M(dot) Agha" <ama-list(at)mltp(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL General List <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: no space left on device
Date: 2004-01-09 23:30:51
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004, Aurangzeb M. Agha wrote:

> DEBUG: statistics collector process (pid 2523) exited with exit code 1
> PGSTAT: Error closing temp stats file
> PGSTAT: /usr/local/G101/App/DB/./global/pgstat.tmp.7823: No space left on
> device

To me it does not sound strange that the database is growing when the stat
collector updates the tables with statistics. And since there are updates
it would have been good to have vacuumed avery once in a while.

I don't know the internals of pg as well as some of the other people who
have answered, but as far as I know the stat collector is not special in
any way but is updating the stat tables.

--
/Dennis Björklund