Re: Changes to Contributor List

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Changes to Contributor List
Date: 2003-11-06 21:06:41
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-hackers

Josh Berkus writes:

> Yes? That's exactly the intention -- so that existing users and interested
> parties can see the companies that give major resources to the project.

Yes, but existing users and most interested parties don't fall into the
PHB category, nor do most PHB's fall into the existing users or interested
parties category, nor do most existing users fall into the group that one
advocates to. Hence my original point: the list of supporting companies
does not primarily belong in the advocacy realm.

> You seem pretty opposed to the corporate list given that one of your
> co-workers just requested to be on it.

Well, if there must be a list, then why not be on it? :-)

> It is there for IT department managers, PHBs, people considering
> PostgreSQL, and people looking for high-end paid support.

Great, that's exactly what I wanted to hear.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net