Re: http://www.pgsql.com/register/submit.php

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: http://www.pgsql.com/register/submit.php
Date: 2003-10-13 13:14:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Robert Treat writes:

> Someone could have downloaded the package from sourceforge/freshmeat, so
> I don't think it hurts to have a pointer to postgresql.org.

Those two places already have prominent links to the home page.

> What might
> be better than a link for the submit page would just be a blurb
> mentioning we're always looking for new case studies from folks who are
> using postgresql, and perhaps point them some place for that.

See my last post: This is not the place to print any project-related
messages. You're not going to get a representative audience.

> What I'd
> like to see added to the message is a reminder to run initdb...

Anyone who is completely clueless about PostgreSQL will have to read
INSTALL anyway, which gives more complete information. It's a bit more
involved than just entering "initdb": you need to set up users and
directory permissions. I don't think duplicating that information would
be useful.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net