Re: Inconsistent Conversion Names

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>
Cc: Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>, PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Inconsistent Conversion Names
Date: 2002-09-21 18:38:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Oleg Bartunov writes:

> > > Someone said that the conversion table is actually koi8r + koi8u,
> > > being different from IANA's koi8_r. Not sure though.
> >
> > I found mention in the archives by Oleg B. that it is in fact koi8_r.
> >

> on my system (linux) I have ru_RU.KOI8-R locale.

We're not talking about your system. :-)

Do you know whether PostgreSQL's conversion tables cover koi8-r or koi8-u
or both? The documentation contains contradicting information about that.
Actually, since we use the officially provided Unicode conversion tables,
we should know what they cover.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net