If there a bug in the psql or just a feature .

From: Vanmunin Chea <vac(at)cse(dot)unsw(dot)EDU(dot)AU>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: If there a bug in the psql or just a feature .
Date: 2002-09-10 02:23:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Dear all,

I'm currently working on my thesis and I chose psql. What I need to do
is defining a new type in psql.

It should be dynamic array.

| 1 | 2 | 3.0 | 4.5 | 2.1 | . .. . .

// This one is not working
typedef struct Myindex {
double *indexes;
int level;
int size;
} Myindex

Myindex *
Myindex_in {

}

Myindex *
Myindex_out {
However when I try to get back the data. It seems that the last
insertion always overwrite other previous insertion.
In particular, it overwrites all data from 2nd to n-1th record.
where n is the number of insertion but not the first one.
}

// This one work ok but the idea is to have dynamic array.
// This would defeat the purpose of this new structure.

typedef struct Myindex {
double indexes[10];
int level;
int size;
} Myindex;

Standalone debuging works for both cases.
However psql accepts only the static array.

Could anybody enlight me on this issue, please

regards,
Van