Re: Getting this error when I use createdb

From: Darren Ferguson <darren(at)crystalballinc(dot)com>
To: Alexandre Sebrao <divbr(at)ig(dot)com(dot)br>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Getting this error when I use createdb
Date: 2002-06-21 17:45:26
Lists: pgsql-general

You do not have a database user named alexandre so the system will not
allow you to create a database using a user who does not exist.

Either create the user or createdb using a different user hich you have
already entered into the system

Usage:
createdb [options] dbname [description]

-D, --location=PATH Alternative place to store the database
-T, --template=TEMPLATE Template database to copy
-E, --encoding=ENCODING Multibyte encoding for the database
-h, --host=HOSTNAME Database server host
-p, --port=PORT Database server port
-U, --username=USERNAME Username to connect as
-W, --password Prompt for password
-e, --echo Show the query being sent to the backend
-q, --quiet Don't write any messages

By default, a database with the same name as the current user is created.

Read the bottom line starting By default

If you need to change the user then use the -U parameter

HTH

Darren Ferguson

--
Darren Ferguson