Re: j2sdk1.4.0 jdbc compile errors

From: Mark Price <prim0001(at)unf(dot)edu>
To: Barry Lind <barry(at)xythos(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: j2sdk1.4.0 jdbc compile errors
Date: 2002-04-17 16:08:31
Lists: pgsql-general

> Mark,
>
> The jdbc driver currently does not build under jdk1.4. You will either
> need to download a prebuilt jar, or build under jdk1.3. Either way a
> the driver build under 1.3 will run fine under 1.4 as long as you don't
> try to use any of the new functionality available in 1.4.
>
> thanks,
> --Barry

Hi, Barry
Thank you for responding to my message.
Would you mind elaborating about "new functionality?" I.e. I presume that
you refer only to new functionality in the classes that jdbc2 directly
uses?

Thanks,
Mark Price

P.S. I removed myself from the list, so if you think this should be
posted, perhaps you can forward it.