Cursors in PL/pgSQL

From: Rob <rob(at)obsidian(dot)co(dot)za>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>, PostgreSQL Server <postgres(at)obsidian(dot)co(dot)za>
Subject: Cursors in PL/pgSQL
Date: 2002-02-07 21:16:31
Lists: pgsql-novice

Is there any way to declare a cursor in PL/pgSQL.

Basically I need to write a store proc that cycles through a table row by
row and terminates at the last row. Do I have to write it in using
PL/pgSQL (PL/pgSQL won't let me use many of the normal sql keywords) and,
if I do, how do I cycle through a table?

Thanks

Rob

--
He who dies with the most toys ...