The features I'm waiting for.

From: "scott(dot)marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)ihs(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: The features I'm waiting for.
Date: 2004-05-04 13:40:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

For me, the only features I'm likely to use in the upcoming releases are
nested transactions. While PITR is a great selling point, and the Windows
Port is something I do look forward to, having to do half my job
programming windows boxes, nested transactions are a feature I can
genuinely use in my daily (maybe weekly??? :-) life.

While a focus on things that make postgresql more market acceptable are
important, the things that make it more feature complete to me as a user
are the things I'd gladly wait an extra month or two for.

But I'm not programming any of the code, so I'm just sayin'...