Re: PGconn thread safety

From: ahoward <ahoward(at)fsl(dot)noaa(dot)gov>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PGconn thread safety
Date: 2003-02-07 14:43:54
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, 7 Feb 2003, Lee Kindness wrote:

> Well the areas I have patched would have /potentially/ caused
> inaccurate error messages (using global errno). Also potential
> corruption on connect to database if 2+ threads were trying to do this
> at once - a non-threadsafe fucntion was being used to retrieve all
> local usernames.
>
> I've been a bit busy of late, the code itself is submitted to
> pgsql-patches but configure work is still to be done.
>
> L.

in my connection pool, all connections are made _before_ any thread access
takes place. the pool will be used mostly for cgi programs so i really don't
care about error messages too much (seems like using res = PGExec might fix
this issue?) so it seems like my application may not need thread protection.

-a

--