Re: Temp Tables & Connection Pooling

From: David Olbersen <dave(at)slickness(dot)org>
To: Gerald Gutierrez <pozix(at)home(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Temp Tables & Connection Pooling
Date: 2001-03-02 20:48:09
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Fri, 2 Mar 2001, Gerald Gutierrez wrote:

->Recently I wanted to implement Dijkstra's algorithm as a stored procedure,
->and finding that PL/PGSQL cannot return record sets, I thought about using
->a temporary table for the results. If tempoary tables are session-specific,
->however, then wouldn't connection pooling make it unusable since the table
->might "disappear" from one query to the next? What are alternative
->approaches to implementing Dijkstra's algorithm inside the database?

<newbie>

Wouldn't a VIEW do what you want?

</newbie>

-- Dave