Re: Grant all to Public & adding users

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Marc Mitchell <marcm(at)eisolution(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Grant all to Public & adding users
Date: 2002-01-10 20:50:31
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-sql

Marc Mitchell writes:

> We have existing database where several tables have GRANT ALL TO PUBLIC.
> However, when new users are added, they seem to get privilege problem until
> another GRANT ALL TO PUBLIC is issued.

I cannot reproduce this in 7.0.2 or in current, so either you are using an
even older version, in which case it's highly recommended to upgrade
(latest stable is 7.1.3), or you are confusing something, in which case
you should show the exact statements you are issuing and explain what you
wanted to happen in each case.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net