Re: psql question

From: "Command Prompt, Inc(dot)" <pgsql-general(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Jefim Matskin <mjefim(at)sphera(dot)com>
Cc: "'pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: psql question
Date: 2001-11-04 18:43:33
Lists: pgsql-general

On Sun, 4 Nov 2001, Jefim Matskin wrote:
>I have an instance of postgres sql 7.1.2 running with unix socket located in
>other directory than default (-k option of the postmaster).
>How can I tell the psql utility to connect to that socket?

Use the -h flag. When prefixed with a slash, it refers to a local
directory for the socket, rather than a host. E.g.:

[root(at)dev lxp]# psql -h /tmp template1
Welcome to psql, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.
[...]

Regards,
Jw.
--
jlx(at)commandprompt(dot)com
by way of pgsql-general(at)commandprompt(dot)com