ok, I have another select for ya

From: Jeremy Hansen <jeremy(at)xxedgexx(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ok, I have another select for ya
Date: 2001-08-10 22:30:36
Lists: pgsql-general

bug_id is a field present in all three of my tables.

From my earilier question, I understand I need to use joins to avoid a
cartesian join.

This is my question, how can I do a:

select * from summary,env_info,plat_info where summary.subject like
'%test1%';

properly?

Basically I believe what I need to do is find the subject in summary, then
pull the bug_id, which is common across all for that subject, then do a

select * from summary,env_info,plat_info where summary.bug_id = `result of
the subject field select`

kind of thing.

Thanks for any tips. I realize a lot of this is basic sql but I am
learning a lot from these examples.

Thanks
-jeremy
--