Stupid SQL Question:

From: shawn everett <everett(at)pgweb(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Stupid SQL Question:
Date: 2000-11-15 00:18:39
Lists: pgsql-general

I have a table defined as follows:

CREATE TABLE safety (
sid SERIAL,
side INTEGER,
InjDate DATE,
InjType INTEGER,
Outcome INTEGER,
PRIMARY KEY (sid)
);

What I'm trying to generate is a list of all outcomes and how many of each
that occured for a particular range of dates.

This works but doesn't do dates:

SELECT outcome,count(outcome) from safety
GROUP BY outcome;

How do I incorporte dates into this query.

Adding a WHERE clause to the query doesn't work for example:

SELECT outcome,count(outcome) from safety
GROUP BY outcome
WHERE InjDate='2000-11'14';

Any tips or advice would be apreciated.

Shawn